Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Justin Bieber Performs "What Do You Mean" for The First Time
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Kourtney's Plunging Pink Jumpsuit! Kylie's Sexy Wig! The Kardashian-Jenner Krew Goes Glam as Usual at VMAs
- What Was That About? Nicki Minaj Confronts Miley Cyrus on MTV VMA Stage
- The Weeknd Gets Taylor and Kanye Dancing at the VMAs While Performing 'I Can't Feel My Face'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 19
Jesse L. Martin: Sexiest Newcomer
If he's going to be that way, read him his rights. After all, says L&O costar S. Epatha Merkerson, the evidence keeps piling up. "He's got a magnificent voice, a great sense of humor...and he ain't bad to look at," she says. What's more, says Dick Wolf, the show's executive producer, "he's one of those male stars that men don't mind how good-looking he is."
The 6'2" Martin, who also raised pulse rates last season during his guest shot as Ally McBeal's beau, Dr. Greg Butters, didn't always have slick city ways. Growing up in Buffalo, he was, he says, "a nerd," who at age 16 was stood up on his first date. "The movie was The Color Purple," says Martin, "and it was like, 'Am I crying because of the movie or because of what happened?' " These days the never-married Martin, who stays in shape with yoga and calisthenics, sends flowers and cards to avoid those turndowns, and, he says, "I'm romantic to the point of embarrassment." In fact, Martin admits that he will serenade a love interest in his high baritone—but only in private. What does he sing? He's not telling. "I wouldn't want to give that away," he says.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!