Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Shannen Doherty Reveals Hair Is Growing Back After Cancer Treatment in Sweet Snap With Her Husband
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Jacob Hall, 6, Dies After Being Shot on Playground of His South Carolina Elementary School
- Amber Rose Rocks Black Bodysuit for Second Annual SlutWalk
- Sweet Sweats! Kim Kardashian Spends Casual Day in Paris Shopping and Hanging With Naomi Campbell
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 19
Jesse L. Martin: Sexiest Newcomer
If he's going to be that way, read him his rights. After all, says L&O costar S. Epatha Merkerson, the evidence keeps piling up. "He's got a magnificent voice, a great sense of humor...and he ain't bad to look at," she says. What's more, says Dick Wolf, the show's executive producer, "he's one of those male stars that men don't mind how good-looking he is."
The 6'2" Martin, who also raised pulse rates last season during his guest shot as Ally McBeal's beau, Dr. Greg Butters, didn't always have slick city ways. Growing up in Buffalo, he was, he says, "a nerd," who at age 16 was stood up on his first date. "The movie was The Color Purple," says Martin, "and it was like, 'Am I crying because of the movie or because of what happened?' " These days the never-married Martin, who stays in shape with yoga and calisthenics, sends flowers and cards to avoid those turndowns, and, he says, "I'm romantic to the point of embarrassment." In fact, Martin admits that he will serenade a love interest in his high baritone—but only in private. What does he sing? He's not telling. "I wouldn't want to give that away," he says.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!