Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
- RHONJ Star Amber Marchese's Breast Cancer Has Not Spread: 'I Am Very Blessed'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 15, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 19
Actor Brad Hawkins Rocks in a New Miniseries
Hawkins was unhurt but got the hint. He returned to Hollywood, where he had acted in the 1994-95 syndicated kids show VR Troopers, and landed what he calls "a dream part" as a '50s rock star in the CBS miniseries Shake, Rattle & Roll, airing Nov. 7 and 10. In that role, says director Mike Robe, Hawkins was able to show "the same magnitude a young Elvis Presley or Buddy Holly had." Notes Hawkins, 25: "Suddenly my phone is working again."
Born Dana Wroblski (he adopted a more countrified name for the sake of his music career) to Johnny, a Dallas carpenter and amateur country crooner, and Debra, manager of a home for the disabled, Hawkins got his showbiz start at 19, after being rejected for a modeling gig. An agency exec suggested he give acting a try instead. "I didn't see that I had anything to lose at that point," he says. "So I loaded up my Honda hatchback and headed to Los Angeles. It goes without saying that I didn't have a clue." But despite his success as an actor—and his stumbles as a singer—"I wouldn't ever want to give up the music," he says. "It's in my blood and heart, put there by my father. I'll always play music."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!