Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
- Former American Idol Contestant John Stevens Hit By Van in Massachusetts
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 22, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 20
A Comic's Courage
Cosby's Madeline Kahn Wages a Sobering Battle Against Ovarian Cancer
On Nov. 3, Kahn, who has nabbed a Tony, an Emmy and two Oscar nominations with her nasally twang and madcap humor, let everyone in on her painful secret. "During the past year, I have been undergoing aggressive treatment for ovarian cancer," she said in a statement. "It is my hope that I might raise awareness of this awful disease and hasten the day that an effective test can be discovered." Kahn went on to commend the work of the New York City-based Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, whose executive director, Jamie Boris, notes, "With ovarian cancer, there is no equivalent of a mammogram or Pap smear. Seventy-five percent of cases are detected late." Such was the case with Kahn's close pal Gilda Radner, who died of the disease in 1989.
Best known for her hilarious screen collaborations with Mel Brooks (Blazing Saddles, High Anxiety), Kahn is waging a determined fight. On Oct. 10, she married her longtime beau, attorney John Hansbury, 49. And the Cosby cast is hoping she'll return after the new year. "Her spirits are wonderful," says friend Eric Mendelsohn, who directed her in the upcoming film Judy Berlin. "Madeline is indomitable."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!