Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah Michelle Gellar's Daughter Inherited Her Mom's Buffy Strength, Freddie Prinze Jr. Reveals
- Read the Cover Story: Inside Blake & Miranda's Shocking Split
- Miranda Lambert Kicks Up Her Heels, Jokes and Sings Songs About Heartbreak at Nashville Fundraiser
- Orange Is the New Black's Selenis Levya on Growing Up with a Transgender Sister: I Fight for Her 'on a Daily Basis'
- Olivia Culpo Bares All in Her First Naked Shoot
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 22, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 20
In a World of Changing Bonds, Desmond Llewelyn's Gadget Inspector Is a Comforting Constant
In what his champagne executive son Justin, 47, calls "one of the greatest pieces of miscasting" in movie history, Llewelyn has successfully bluffed his way through 17 Bond films, from 1963's From Russia with Love with Sean Connery ("kept to himself," he says) through Moonraker with "friendliest Bond" Roger Moore to the newest film, opening Nov. 19, The World Is Not Enough, with "best all-around Bond" Pierce Brosnan. A life of cloak-and-dagger was nearly a life of the cloth for the Welsh-born Llewelyn, whose plan to join the clergy changed at 17 after he spent a religious retreat perusing Film Weekly magazine instead of praying. In 1940 he put his theater career on hold to join the British army and spent five sometimes "ghastly" years as a German POW.
Now Llewelyn faces an even more heart-wrenching battle—watching his wife, Pamela, 86, succumb to Alzheimer's. "She doesn't suffer," Llewelyn says of his spouse of 61 years, "but it's bloody unfair." His other long-term relationship, with 007, helps ease the loss. "I love it," he says. "I'm there as long as the producers want me and the Almighty doesn't."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!