Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Love Notes and Secret Promises: Why Bachelorette Star Kaitlyn Says Shawn 'Was Always the One'
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Joe Biden, Urged by Dying Son, Will Decide White House Run by Summer's End
- Newly Single Miranda Lambert Has Girls Night with Shania Twain: 'Music Is Medicine'
- Lady Gaga Surprises Tony Bennett Onstage with a Massive Cake for His 89th Birthday
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 22, 1999
- Vol. 52
- No. 20
Rah of Iran
A Scion of Persian Shahs, Sarah Shahi Whoops It Up for America's Team as a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
"I've broken lots of barriers I wouldn't have been able to in Persian culture," says Shahi, who graces the cover of the Cowboys cheerleaders' calendar and will appear with her colleagues in a Robert Altman movie filming next month. An aspiring singer and actress, she hopes to break even more barriers. "I'm going to be the female Elvis," she says.
Born in Grapevine, Texas, in 1980—two years after her parents escaped the upheaval that toppled Iran's last shah in 1979—Shahi grew up speaking English and Farsi. And though she carries the blood of Iran's royal past (her great-great grandfather, Fath Ali Shah, ruled the country until the 1830s), the Southern Methodist University sophomore honors student, who earns $50 a game, says she's totally Texan.
And one who's getting more and more into the football spirit. "I love it when the guys embrace each other," she says. "It's so sweet."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!