- The Gang's All Here! Julia Roberts Makes Rare Public Appearance with Her Three Adorable Children
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Dancing with the Stars' Peta Murgatroyd Sidelined for Season 21 Due to Injury
- Robin Thicke Shares Fun Family Photo: 'Three Generations of Thickness!'
- The Voice's Craig Wayne Boyd Is Engaged
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- January 01, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 1
Woody Allen and Mia Farrow's 12-Year-Old Son Seamus Steps Up to Higher Education
An affiliate of Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, N.Y., Simon's Rock accepts high school-aged students eager to start college early. "Maturity matters more than IQ," spokeswoman Danae Boissevain says of the school, where tuition costs about $25,000 a year. "You have to take on a lot of responsibility."
Four years younger than most of his classmates, Farrow is undoubtedly precocious, but Bard president Dr. Leon Botstein wouldn't call him, or any Simon's Rock student, a genius. "He just learns more quickly [than average]," says Botstein.
Farrow—whose mom drives him to school from their northwestern Connecticut home each day—is apparently thriving at Simon's Rock, where he studied only Latin and biology this fall. "He's an extraordinary little boy," says family friend Maria Roach. He certainly doesn't seem to be part of Generation Pokémon: Roach says he has read Kafka since age 8 and when he met her family, "he whipped out his laptop and started doing his homework, which my kids found bizarre."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!