Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 31, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 4
Right-on as a Reluctant Whiz Kid, Malcolm in the Middle's Frankie Muniz Gets Nielsen's Top Marks
In fact, Muniz (whose mother, Denise, 44, a nurse, and father, Frank, 43, a restaurant manager, are separated) is having a much nicer time of it these days than his TV character, Malcolm, who's embarrassed by both his eccentric family and his 165 IQ, which places him, says Muniz, "among the geeks in school." (His show, meanwhile, placed No. 5 in the ratings its first week.) Frankie himself has been home-schooled by his mother since sixth grade, when he began performing in community theater in his hometown of Wood-Ridge, N.J. From there he graduated to guest shots (Spin City, Sabrina the Teenage Witch) and the lead role in What the Deaf Man Heard, a 1997 TV movie.
When Muniz learned he'd won the Malcolm audition last spring, "I got on the bed and started yelling and jumping," he says. He still, however, has to make his bed. "I really try to keep him grounded," says Denise. "I don't want him to be a brat." Unlike, say, FOX's best-known brat, Bart Simpson. Comparing Bart with Malcolm, "I think we're alike in a lot of ways," says Muniz, "except that I'm a lot smarter." And much better coiffed, dude.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!