Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Legendary College Basketball Coach Pat Summitt Dies at 64 After Battle with Alzheimer's Disease
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian Celebrate Khloe's Birthday with Kim, Kourtney and Kylie
- Romance in Rome! Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Take Their Jet Set Relationship to Italy
- IKEA Issues Voluntary Recall of Dressers and Chests That Have Killed 6 Children
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 07, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 5
Actress-Singer Lisa Zane Gamely Follows in Brother Billy's Titanic Footsteps
In more ways than one. Since 1997, Zane, who's single, has been moonlighting as a lounge singer in the Hollywood hot spot Les Deux. Music is a lifelong passion. "When we were little," says her brother, Titanic bad guy Billy Zane, 33, "she was always singing preposterously sophisticated songs for a 12-year-old." Encouraged by their parents, Billy Sr. and Thalia, both 69—medical-technician instructors and amateur actors in Chicago—both sibs pursued acting careers. In 1988, after studying drama at Vassar, Lisa followed Billy to L.A. at his urging ("I missed her madly," he says) and landed roles in 1991's Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare and on TV (L.A. Law, ER).
Her next movie, Monkeybone, a comedy due out next fall, also has her singing—as the mythical Medusa. Her serpentine tresses required five puppeteers, plus a guy, she says, "who lifted the cables for me so my neck wouldn't break." She had to make twice-weekly visits to a chiropractor. Maybe freezing to death isn't so bad after all.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!