Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Rio Host Committee Will Stay on a Luxury Cruise Ship During the Olympics – While Athletes Make Do in Cramped Quarters
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- The Bachelorette's Wells Adams Loves Dogs Just as Much as You Love Him
- There's a Beaches Remake in the Works! Find Out Which Actress Will Step into Bette Midler's Role
- Ariana Grande's Dumbledore Jacket Is Pure Magic (and Sadly, One of a Kind)
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 07, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 5
Actress-Singer Lisa Zane Gamely Follows in Brother Billy's Titanic Footsteps
In more ways than one. Since 1997, Zane, who's single, has been moonlighting as a lounge singer in the Hollywood hot spot Les Deux. Music is a lifelong passion. "When we were little," says her brother, Titanic bad guy Billy Zane, 33, "she was always singing preposterously sophisticated songs for a 12-year-old." Encouraged by their parents, Billy Sr. and Thalia, both 69—medical-technician instructors and amateur actors in Chicago—both sibs pursued acting careers. In 1988, after studying drama at Vassar, Lisa followed Billy to L.A. at his urging ("I missed her madly," he says) and landed roles in 1991's Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare and on TV (L.A. Law, ER).
Her next movie, Monkeybone, a comedy due out next fall, also has her singing—as the mythical Medusa. Her serpentine tresses required five puppeteers, plus a guy, she says, "who lifted the cables for me so my neck wouldn't break." She had to make twice-weekly visits to a chiropractor. Maybe freezing to death isn't so bad after all.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!