Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 14, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 6
Feeling Punchy, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Princess Caroline's Hot-Tempered Hubby, Strikes Again
After the international media reported that Brunlehner was hospitalized with internal injuries, however, the prince changed his tune. In a full-page ad in several European papers, including France's Le Journal du Dimanche on Jan. 23, he denied the "altercation" had caused Brunlehner's injuries. He also claimed he had been helping neighbors, who disliked the noise. "The papers have been lying," says a pal of his. "He has to make things clear."
Sadly for Caroline, her third husband's violent outburst was nothing new. "When he's calm he's unbelievably nice, but he has a bloody temper," says a veteran Grimaldi-watcher. Ernst August broke a photographer's nose in 1998, a misadventure that cost him $52,500. This year's stunt could have harsher consequences: Brunlehner has indicated he may sue the "punching prince," as he has dubbed him. And if Kenyan and German officials bring charges, he could face up to 10 years in prison (although probation is more likely).
In the meantime, "Prince Rainier is not happy," says a friend of the couple's. "He doesn't like scandals." Though royal observers say the two are very much in love, Caroline is clearly concerned about Ernst August's bully-boy tendencies toward others. Says one observer: "Sometimes she looks at him with a look you can easily describe as fear."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!