Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- New Jersey Man Charged in Murder of His Parents After They Were Found Beaten to Death in Their Home
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Rob Lowe on After His Comedy Central Roast: 'I'm Just Glad There's Something Left of Me'
- John Krasinski on Date Nights and Raising Daughters with 'Amazing Wife' Emily Blunt: 'It's Important to Preserve Your Relationship'
- WATCH: How to Wear a Maxi Dress at Any Size, With Katie Sturino of 12ish Style
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 14, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 6
Feeling Punchy, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Princess Caroline's Hot-Tempered Hubby, Strikes Again
After the international media reported that Brunlehner was hospitalized with internal injuries, however, the prince changed his tune. In a full-page ad in several European papers, including France's Le Journal du Dimanche on Jan. 23, he denied the "altercation" had caused Brunlehner's injuries. He also claimed he had been helping neighbors, who disliked the noise. "The papers have been lying," says a pal of his. "He has to make things clear."
Sadly for Caroline, her third husband's violent outburst was nothing new. "When he's calm he's unbelievably nice, but he has a bloody temper," says a veteran Grimaldi-watcher. Ernst August broke a photographer's nose in 1998, a misadventure that cost him $52,500. This year's stunt could have harsher consequences: Brunlehner has indicated he may sue the "punching prince," as he has dubbed him. And if Kenyan and German officials bring charges, he could face up to 10 years in prison (although probation is more likely).
In the meantime, "Prince Rainier is not happy," says a friend of the couple's. "He doesn't like scandals." Though royal observers say the two are very much in love, Caroline is clearly concerned about Ernst August's bully-boy tendencies toward others. Says one observer: "Sometimes she looks at him with a look you can easily describe as fear."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!