Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Date Night and More from Inside PEOPLE and TIME's D.C. Bash
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Kim and Rob Kardashian Send Loving Messages to Bruce Jenner
- Laverne Cox Congratulates Bruce Jenner: 'It Is Always Brave to Stand in One's Truth'
- Mark Wahlberg Makes a $250,000 Bet with Diddy on the Mayweather vs. Pacquaio Fight
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 14, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 6
Feeling Punchy, Prince Ernst August of Hanover, Princess Caroline's Hot-Tempered Hubby, Strikes Again
After the international media reported that Brunlehner was hospitalized with internal injuries, however, the prince changed his tune. In a full-page ad in several European papers, including France's Le Journal du Dimanche on Jan. 23, he denied the "altercation" had caused Brunlehner's injuries. He also claimed he had been helping neighbors, who disliked the noise. "The papers have been lying," says a pal of his. "He has to make things clear."
Sadly for Caroline, her third husband's violent outburst was nothing new. "When he's calm he's unbelievably nice, but he has a bloody temper," says a veteran Grimaldi-watcher. Ernst August broke a photographer's nose in 1998, a misadventure that cost him $52,500. This year's stunt could have harsher consequences: Brunlehner has indicated he may sue the "punching prince," as he has dubbed him. And if Kenyan and German officials bring charges, he could face up to 10 years in prison (although probation is more likely).
In the meantime, "Prince Rainier is not happy," says a friend of the couple's. "He doesn't like scandals." Though royal observers say the two are very much in love, Caroline is clearly concerned about Ernst August's bully-boy tendencies toward others. Says one observer: "Sometimes she looks at him with a look you can easily describe as fear."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!