Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mindy Kaling's Upset that B.J. Novak Is Starring in a McDonald's Movie
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- NBC's Richard Engel Marries 'Longtime Love' Mary Forrest
- Saved by the Bell Star Dustin Diamond Convicted of Misdemeanors in Stabbing, Faces up to 9 Months in Prison
- Britney Spears Calls Herself a 'Proud Skate Mom' in New Pic with Sons
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 14, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 6
Carmen Ejogo Gets Historical as Thomas Jefferson's Slave Mistress, Sally Hemings
Ejogo, 26, lives alone in her bohemian-style London flat since ending a four-year relationship with actor Max Beesley. "I have to deal with [racism] on a real basic level," she says. "Cabs won't stop for me. The police stop my brother [Charles, 24, a law student] for driving a decent car. It disgusts me."
Ejogo was 11 when she won a bit part in a British film. But she got her big break at 22, cast as Eddie Murphy's love interest in 1997's Metro. Last June she snagged the role of Sally in an open audition. "Carmen is charming and sexy and delightful," says costar Sam Neill (Jefferson), "so the love scenes were a lot easier to do." Still, Ejogo is a bit uneasy these days about her sudden fame. "I'm seeing my face on the sides of buses," she says, "and it's a little weird."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!