Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Dean McDermott Guest Stars on CSI as a ... What? (PHOTO)
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- Jordan Nickerson, 7-Year-Old Cancer Patient Taylor Swift Serenaded, Is in Remission (VIDEO)
- Missing College Student's Keys Found Almost One Month After He Went Missing
- Camila Alves Blogs: My 5 Easy-to-Make Holiday Recipes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday December 22, 2014 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 14, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 6
Carmen Ejogo Gets Historical as Thomas Jefferson's Slave Mistress, Sally Hemings
Ejogo, 26, lives alone in her bohemian-style London flat since ending a four-year relationship with actor Max Beesley. "I have to deal with [racism] on a real basic level," she says. "Cabs won't stop for me. The police stop my brother [Charles, 24, a law student] for driving a decent car. It disgusts me."
Ejogo was 11 when she won a bit part in a British film. But she got her big break at 22, cast as Eddie Murphy's love interest in 1997's Metro. Last June she snagged the role of Sally in an open audition. "Carmen is charming and sexy and delightful," says costar Sam Neill (Jefferson), "so the love scenes were a lot easier to do." Still, Ejogo is a bit uneasy these days about her sudden fame. "I'm seeing my face on the sides of buses," she says, "and it's a little weird."
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!