Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Teresa Giudice Opens Up About Repairing her Relationship with Melissa Gorga
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- VIDEO: Teresa Giudice Describes Saving Her Home, Downsizing Her Life Post-Prison
- Peyton Manning Goes One-on-One with Magic Johnson – Plus Will the Super Bowl Champ Be Playing for the L.A. Rams?
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Jessica Alba and More Attend Saint Laurent at the Palladium Event in L.A.
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 20, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 11
Ralph Pucci's Company Makes Modernist Mannequins That Bear No Resemblance to the Old Working Stiffs
Which figures, since he was to the mannequins born. Growing up in New Rochelle, N.Y., Pucci (who is not related to designer Emilio Pucci) took little interest in his parents' mannequin repair company. But after graduating from Northeastern University in Boston, he joined the family business for its creative possibilities. He hired a sculptor to execute his ideas, and when his first concept—athletes in action—got snapped up by stores, he became bolder, ordering abstract figures in high-gloss hues. He began enlisting creators such as artists Kenny Scharf and Maira Kalman to come up with ideas for mannequins. Soon, says the mannequin-maker, it was "a 'wow' event" to attend his openings.
Pucci, who lives in Bedford, N.Y., with wife Ann O'Neill, 45, a homemaker, and their two children, next plans a posse of aristocrats à la Gwyneth Paltrow or the late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, whose photo graces his workshop wall. "Done by the wrong company, this could look stupid or cheap," he says. "Done by us, it will be dynamic."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!