Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Gang's All Here! Julia Roberts Makes Rare Public Appearance with Her Three Adorable Children
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Dancing with the Stars' Peta Murgatroyd Sidelined for Season 21 Due to Injury
- Robin Thicke Shares Fun Family Photo: 'Three Generations of Thickness!'
- The Voice's Craig Wayne Boyd Is Engaged
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 20, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 11
Ralph Pucci's Company Makes Modernist Mannequins That Bear No Resemblance to the Old Working Stiffs
Which figures, since he was to the mannequins born. Growing up in New Rochelle, N.Y., Pucci (who is not related to designer Emilio Pucci) took little interest in his parents' mannequin repair company. But after graduating from Northeastern University in Boston, he joined the family business for its creative possibilities. He hired a sculptor to execute his ideas, and when his first concept—athletes in action—got snapped up by stores, he became bolder, ordering abstract figures in high-gloss hues. He began enlisting creators such as artists Kenny Scharf and Maira Kalman to come up with ideas for mannequins. Soon, says the mannequin-maker, it was "a 'wow' event" to attend his openings.
Pucci, who lives in Bedford, N.Y., with wife Ann O'Neill, 45, a homemaker, and their two children, next plans a posse of aristocrats à la Gwyneth Paltrow or the late Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, whose photo graces his workshop wall. "Done by the wrong company, this could look stupid or cheap," he says. "Done by us, it will be dynamic."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!