Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chris Soules's Bachelor Blog: 'I Knew Things Were About to Get Very Real'
- The Best Photos from the Week of Feb. 23- Mar. 1, 2015
- PLL Recap: A Couple Breaks Up, Another Liar Is Charged in Mona's Murder
- 19 Kids & Counting Recap: Jessa and Ben Receive Their Wedding Invitations, Shop for Flowers
- Jennifer Garner: My Favorite Role Is 'Mommy'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 18
Giving Thanks to God, Heather Headley Makes Believers of Critics While Starring in Elton John's Broadway Aida
The truth: At 25, Headley is the New York theater's new superstar, bringing a regal bearing to her role as Aida, the Nubian princess who falls for her Egyptian captor. ("Simply splendid," wrote the New York Times critic.) But she hasn't let the raves go to her head. "I always remember this is not Heather," she says. "This is through God."
She learned that piety from her mother, Hannah, 51, and father, Iric, 51, a former pastor. Growing up in Trinidad, Headley sang in the church choir, and she landed leads in high school plays when the family moved to Fort Wayne, Ind., in 1989. As a junior at Northwestern, she nabbed a spot in the Toronto production of Ragtime and then, in a Ragtime-to-riches tale, won the part of lioness Nala in Broadway's The Lion King. Auditioning for Aida in '98, "she just blew me away," says Disney CEO Michael Eisner. Has success changed her life? "I have no life now," says Headley, who lives in Manhattan and is working on a pop album. "Aida is my boyfriend."
March 03, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!