Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Donald Trump Threatens to Bring Bill Clinton's Former Mistress Gennifer Flowers to Presidential Debate
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- FBI Unlikely to Proceed with Brad Pitt Child Abuse Investigation, Source Says
- Charlotte Police Release Footage from Keith Lamont Scott's Death After Days of Protests
- WATCH: Duck Dynasty Star Sadie Robertson Inspires Teens with Her LIVE Original Tour!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 18
On One Little Island, Seamus Mcsporran Has Done Just About All That Needs Doing
McSporran got an early start on building his résumé, helping out at the island's post office/general store when he was only 5. When the proprietor retired in 1965, McSporran was there to step in. "Mr. Wilkinson, who owned the shop, had already combined quite a few roles," he says, "so it seemed logical that I would take them all over." It helps that many of McSporran's jobs aren't exactly full-time; in 29 years as special constable, for instance, he has never had to make an arrest. It also helps that his wife, Margaret, 59, pitches in. "If I am called away," he explains, "she is always there to take control of everything else."
Now that Seamus has put the post office/store on the market, the McSporrans, who have two grown children, are looking forward to a well-earned retirement on the mainland. "Sleep," he says, "is my only hobby." Of course, without all those jobs, he'll have time to cultivate another avocation or two...or three...or four....
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!