Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Prince Harry Takes a New Army Role Helping Injured Soldiers
- The Best Photos from the Week of Jan. 19- Jan. 25, 2015
- Analeigh Tipton Chopped Off Her Own Hair While 'Really Drunk One Sunday'
- Amorous, Snowed-In New Yorkers and Bostonians Seek 'Blizzard Buddies' on Craigslist
- San Francisco Zoo Offering Cockroaches and More Creepy Valentine's Day Gifts for Your Ex
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday January 27, 2015 09:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 18
On One Little Island, Seamus Mcsporran Has Done Just About All That Needs Doing
McSporran got an early start on building his résumé, helping out at the island's post office/general store when he was only 5. When the proprietor retired in 1965, McSporran was there to step in. "Mr. Wilkinson, who owned the shop, had already combined quite a few roles," he says, "so it seemed logical that I would take them all over." It helps that many of McSporran's jobs aren't exactly full-time; in 29 years as special constable, for instance, he has never had to make an arrest. It also helps that his wife, Margaret, 59, pitches in. "If I am called away," he explains, "she is always there to take control of everything else."
Now that Seamus has put the post office/store on the market, the McSporrans, who have two grown children, are looking forward to a well-earned retirement on the mainland. "Sleep," he says, "is my only hobby." Of course, without all those jobs, he'll have time to cultivate another avocation or two...or three...or four....
January 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!