Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Suffragette's Carey Mulligan Supports Jennifer Lawrence's Fight Against the Gender Wage Gap: 'It's a Long Overdue Conversation'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck 'Had a Great Time' Spending Thanksgiving Together as a Family, Source Says
- We Tried It: The Pilates Class Responsible for Vanessa Hudgens' Incredible Abs
- Crown Princess Mary and Danish Royal Family Announce They'll Ditch Nordic Christmas for Holidays Down Under
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 18
On One Little Island, Seamus Mcsporran Has Done Just About All That Needs Doing
McSporran got an early start on building his résumé, helping out at the island's post office/general store when he was only 5. When the proprietor retired in 1965, McSporran was there to step in. "Mr. Wilkinson, who owned the shop, had already combined quite a few roles," he says, "so it seemed logical that I would take them all over." It helps that many of McSporran's jobs aren't exactly full-time; in 29 years as special constable, for instance, he has never had to make an arrest. It also helps that his wife, Margaret, 59, pitches in. "If I am called away," he explains, "she is always there to take control of everything else."
Now that Seamus has put the post office/store on the market, the McSporrans, who have two grown children, are looking forward to a well-earned retirement on the mainland. "Sleep," he says, "is my only hobby." Of course, without all those jobs, he'll have time to cultivate another avocation or two...or three...or four....
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!