Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Man Charged in Murder of Friend's 5-Year-Old Daughter Allegedly Sexually Assaulted Her and Left Suicide Note
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- WATCH: The Real Housewives of New York City's LuAnn de Lesseps Confronts Fiancé over Infidelity Rumors – 'How Could You Do This To Me?'
- WATCH: Find Out What It's Like to Fight with Bethenny Frankel Straight from One of Her RHONY Costars!
- WATCH: There's One Shocking Trump Quote Clinton Refused to Read Aloud on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 18
Sisters in the Mix
The World Is Their Cloister: An Order of Musical Nuns Goes Dot-Com
In fact all the sisters at the order's 13-acre American headquarters in Boston consider themselves to be in marketing. "We might have a great message about God's love," says development director Sister Christine Salvatore, 53, "but if we don't package it well, forget it!"
No danger there. With the help of veteran music producer Jerry Barnes, 64, the sisters have recorded 12 CDs since 1988, including the just-out Touched by Love. Total sales are nearing one million. "My mother loves to talk about how much money I'd be making if I left the convent," says Sister Christine. But the sisters are passionate about their vocations. "When they're around, there's just a joyous feeling," says Bronx Tale star Chazz Palminteri. If Hollywood likes the sisters, the feeling is mutual; a wall of the convent is covered with celebrity photos. "We all love Mel Gibson," says Sister Christine. "After all," she says, pointing to her habit, "under here, we're women."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!