Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Caitlyn Jenner Weighs in on the Presidential Race: 'Trump Seems to Be Very Much for Women'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 18
Sisters in the Mix
The World Is Their Cloister: An Order of Musical Nuns Goes Dot-Com
In fact all the sisters at the order's 13-acre American headquarters in Boston consider themselves to be in marketing. "We might have a great message about God's love," says development director Sister Christine Salvatore, 53, "but if we don't package it well, forget it!"
No danger there. With the help of veteran music producer Jerry Barnes, 64, the sisters have recorded 12 CDs since 1988, including the just-out Touched by Love. Total sales are nearing one million. "My mother loves to talk about how much money I'd be making if I left the convent," says Sister Christine. But the sisters are passionate about their vocations. "When they're around, there's just a joyous feeling," says Bronx Tale star Chazz Palminteri. If Hollywood likes the sisters, the feeling is mutual; a wall of the convent is covered with celebrity photos. "We all love Mel Gibson," says Sister Christine. "After all," she says, pointing to her habit, "under here, we're women."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!