Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cincinnati Police Investigating 'Circumstances' That Led to Endangered Gorilla's Shooting Death
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Kit Harington Fights Sexism Against Men in Hollywood: 'I Like to Think of Myself as More Than a Head of Hair'
- Zoo Regulations Under Increased Scrutiny After Gorilla's Death
- See the First Photos of Harry Potter's Grown-Up Family in the Upcoming Play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 19, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 24
After Hangin' with Diana Ross, the Supremely Confident Teens of Destiny's Child Take Their Name Seriously
An even higher peak, it turns out. Rowland and lead singer Beyoncé (rhymes with fiancée) Knowles, 18, backed by recently recruited harmony singers Farrah Franklin and Michelle Williams, both 19, have scored two No. 1 pop singles, including the infectious "Say My Name," while their sophomore album The Writing's on the Wall has sold 5 million copies. "It's like a roller coaster going up up up," says Knowles. "I just pray it never drops."
There have been a few downs, though. In March, two former Destiny members, LeToya Luckett, 19, and LaTavia Roberson, 18, sued Knowles's father, Mathew, 48, the group's manager since its founding in 1995, charging that he showed favoritism to his daughter (and, by inference, to Rowland, who has lived with the Knowleses in Houston since age 12). "They wanted to get a separate manager for themselves," says Mathew, whose wife, Tina, 46, is the group's wardrobe and hair stylist. "We have set a date to mediate" the dispute. "It hurts," says Beyoncé. "I pray that one day we can be friends again." Next month the band will go on a 35-city tour with Christina Aguilera. And in October their new song "Independent Woman" will be on the Charlie's Angels movie soundtrack. And then? Destiny awaits. "When we're 80—naw, 50 years old—I want us to be legends," says Knowles. "I want to be like the Supremes."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!