Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Spot Them Anwyhere? Dory Sets Out to Find Her Family in New Finding Dory Trailer
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- WATCH: Holly Madison Admits She Feared Ex Hugh Hefner Would Haunt Her Dating Life
- WATCH: Did RHONJ's Teresa Giudice Really Just Compare One of Her Cast Mates to Osama bin Laden?!
- #BernieOrBust: Why 20 Percent of Sanders Supporters Say They Would Vote for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 25
A Plane Makes An Emergency Landing to Save a Dog's Life
Since the crew couldn't get access to the hold during flight, the captain announced they would make an unscheduled landing at the nearest airport—in Denver, still an hour away. "The wait was agonizing," says Bell. "I was thinking the worst. Then I thought about how strong-willed and stubborn Dakota is." When they landed, Bell and the captain went to the tarmac, where Dakota was shivering but okay. With the pilot's blessing, Bell carried Dakota back onboard in his arms. "As soon as I passed the first-class cabin, everyone in coach started to clap and cheer," he says. And after they landed in San Jose, just 30 minutes behind schedule, "one woman was almost in tears," says Bell's pal Dawn Myers, who met the pair at the airport. "She said, 'I'm so glad the dog is okay' " Although Bell wasn't offered compensation, he isn't angry about United's error, which was discovered by an employee after the plane had taken off. "I'm just happy about what the pilot did," he says. "It cost United a lot of money to divert the plane." But the next time he and Dakota travel, he says, "I'll drive or take Amtrak."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!