Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Unfolding of a Tragedy: Inside the Facebook Posts of Christy Sheats, the Texas Mom who Fatally Shot Her Two Daughters
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Meet the Adorable Teddy Bear That's Helping Kids Learn About Yoga
- We Stalked the Remaining Bachelorette Contestants' Instagrams – and Here's What We Learned
- Celebrity Trainer Harley Pasternak Shares 5 Things You Should Do Every Day to Lose Weight
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 2000
- Vol. 53
- No. 25
Tee for Three
Jack Patrick Lindsay Iii, Barely Out of Diapers, Just May Be Golf's Next Tiger
Stick a golf club in his hands, though, and the little guy puts full-grown hackers to shame. A 3'1" prodigy from Holtsville, N.Y., Jack has a textbook swing that can launch balls 70 yards on target. He also has an agent, a Web site and the nickname Tiger Cub, a reference to you know who. "When he plays, there's this light in his eyes," says his mother, Kim, 38. "Golf thrills him."
As an infant, Jack was mesmerized by the Golf Channel; at 13 months, he was expertly mimicking a swing with plastic clubs. "I'm lying on the sofa and Wiffle balls are hitting me on the head," says his dad, Jack II, 43, a casual golfer who, with his wife, runs a medical sales company out of their four-bedroom house. Too young to play on courses, Jack is always begging to go to a nearby range and often cries when it's time to go home. "His eye-hand coordination is great," says top instructor Michael Hebron, who recently gave Jack his first lesson. "He hit the first putt he tried for me, from 15 feet."
Still, while Jack's poised appearance on Live! with Regis & Kathie Lee in February echoes a tiny Tiger Woods's 1978 turn on The Mike Douglas Show, the Lindsays—who also have two daughters, Jamie, 16 and Kaley, 7—want their son to spend as much time in sandboxes as sand bunkers. "Who knows?" says Jack II. "Next year he might say, 'Dad, I want to dance.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!