Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Rock Bottom? Sarah Palin Turns Head Injury into Rantable Moment About Hillary Clinton
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- From the PEOPLE Archives: Gene Wilder's Tearful Goodbye to Wife Gilda Radner
- Animal Group Helps Owner Find Missing Greyhound, Then Takes Her Away
- Gene Wilder Dies: Mel Brooks, Josh Gad and More Celebrities Pay Tribute
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 03, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 1
A Rose for the Lady
Five Years After Losing Her Husband, Candice Bergen Weds a New Love
"I never saw two people revel more in the moment," says Hewitt. "They seemed to be very much in love." As Rose said in a toast minutes after the ceremony, "Lightning doesn't usually strike twice, but it has struck twice for both of us."
The following evening the newly-weds sat side-by-side at the Russian Tea Room, celebrating with a few family members over hot borscht, blinchiki and Cristal champagne. As they passed pictures and ate chocolate mousse cake, says one observer, "there were lots of laughs. It was a happy family group." Which, according to Bergen's good friend, screenwriter Alice Arlen, 59, was one reason the actress—now back in Texas filming Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock and Michael Caine—decided to marry. "She wanted some-one fabulous for Chloe," says Arlen, and with Rose, she got him. "Marshall is charming, wonderful and kind," she adds. "Louis would be very pleased."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!