Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Love and Hip Hop Stars Yandy and Mendeecees Get Married
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Emilio Estevez Enthusiastically Live-Tweets Anaheim Ducks Game
- Madonna and Her Kids Enjoy Wet-and-Wild Memorial Day – with a Slip 'N Slide!
- Fun in the Sun! See Rosie O'Donnell's 'Perfect Day' with Daughter Dakota
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 03, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 1
Sixteen-Year-Old Popster Mandy Moore Packs a Punch—Without Raunch
Fortunately, Moore's record sales aren't skimpy either. Her latest album, I Wanna Be with You, looks to outpace her platinum-selling debut, last year's So Real. Since May, Moore, 16, has also been hosting Mandy, her daily advice and video show on MTV. "The audience really responds to her honesty," says Rod Aissa, MTV's director of talent development, who hired Moore. "And she's the first one to say, 'Let's see how I can improve.' "
Hooked on performing since wowing her parents (Stacy, 43, a former newspaper reporter, and Don, 43, a pilot) at a sixth-grade production of Guys & Dolls, the Orlando-based Moore began doing commercials and at 14 was in a recording studio when a FedEx worker overheard her music and arranged to get her demo to a friend at Sony Music. Her love life hasn't gone as smoothly. "I like older boys, but they think, 'She's underage!' " sighs Moore. "I'd love to have somebody in mind when I sing." While Moore ultimately wants to be a reporter like her mother, she isn't finished with the music biz: "When people come up to me and say, 'You made it,' I think, 'But I'm not done yet. Not everyone's heard my music' I want to be a household name."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!