Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Boyfriend Of Murdered British Soap Star Sian Blake To Be Extradited to Britain to Face Triple Murder Charges
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- The Outlander Season 2 Trailer Is Here – and We've Got All the Scoop on That Red Dress
- Madonna Longs for 'Days of Innocence' with Son Rocco as Custody Battle Rages on: 'How I Miss This Time'
- Sacha Baron Cohen Shocks Again! Shows Brothers Grimsby Clip Too Graphic for TV to Jimmy Kimmel Live! Audience
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 10, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 2
Hearing Their Call
Two Oregon Brothers—and Their Walkie-Talkies—star in a Mountain Rescue
After listening to the boys, Wold went outside and with his own walkie-talkie contacted the climbers, 81 miles away on Mount Hood. He then called the county sheriff's office; a rescue helicopter was dispatched, and two hours later the pair of injured climbers—Iain Morris, a 23-year-old Portland Web designer, and Jim Frankenfield, a 39-year-old climbing guide who lives in Salt Lake City—were being whisked to Portland's Legacy Emanuel Hospital. A freak rock slide had banged up Morris's left hand and badly crushed his friend's left hip. "It wasn't a life-or-death situation," says Frankenfield, "but the boys' hearing us did make a big difference."
Since the brothers' Radio Shack walkie-talkie has an advertised range of only two miles, "it's a wonder they were able to hear anything at all," laughs their proud father. (Experts say the height of Mount Hood and lack of obstructions between the climbers and the boys' position enabled the transmission to carry further than usual.) "But what's really amazing to me is that they actually managed to hear something outside of the TV."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!