Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 6 Summer Style Staples That Are Already on Sale
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Get These Memorial Day-Inspired Manicures with Tips from Beyoncé's Nail Pro
- Kylie Jenner Hangs Out with PartyNextDoor, Tells Him 'I Don't Like Being Deleted'
- 11, Including 8 Children, Struck by Lightning After Seeking Shelter Under a Tree During a Storm
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 10, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 2
Meet Me in St. Louis
Linda Green's Fifth-Grade Students Rally Round for a Date She Made 21 Years Ago
On the last day of the 1979 school year at Jackson Park Elementary School in University City, Mo., Green invited her 31 charges to reunite under the Gateway Arch in St. Louis at 2 p.m., June 20, 2000. And two-thirds of them showed up, some carrying the original invitations. "Even the boys had saved them," says an incredulous Green.
"Talk about cool! She was an incredible role model who embraced our craziness and wore platform shoes with fish in them," says Shoshana Ben-Yoar, who works for a nonprofit in Atlanta. "She once hid in a closet when we had a substitute teacher, to see how we behaved." Darren Johnson, now a St. Louis FedEx deliveryman, is still swooning. "She's as beautiful as she was then."
She still drives a Corvette and, as she has for 31 years, teaches Jackson Park students. "I was never afraid of losing my job, which allowed me to be myself," says the veteran, who after two divorces is again Miss Green. Former class clown Bob Jackson said it best: "Take me back to fifth grade, Miss Green!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!