Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What Would Taylor Say? Kim Kardashian and Calvin Harris Celebrate Jennifer Lopez's Birthday in Vegas
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- After 14 Months on the Road, Chris Pratt Is Having 'Dream Summer' at Home with His Family
- WATCH: Kristen Bell Tears Up While Talking About Husband Dax Shepard and Shares Wedding Photos for the First Time
- 4-Year-Old Pennsylvania Girl Dies After Babysitter Allegedly Forgets Her in Hot Car: Reports
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 17, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 3
The Royal Wee
Princess Caroline's Husband, Ernst August, Makes An Exhibition of Himself
It was also just the start of a new round of troubling publicity for the 46-year-old prince. Hours after his alleged Expo-sure—which Hanover authorities are investigating—a flush-faced Ernst August collapsed at a piano recital and was taken to a hospital. Not long after that, he entered a German health center that offers massage and stress-management treatments. (Neither the prince nor Caroline, 43, who was seen at the center, had any comment.) The prince then phoned Bild from the center and, using vulgar language, harangued a female editor. (That incident is also being investigated.) "He's not a bad person," says a royal watcher who shares friends with Ernst August. But, he adds, "he seems to be lacking some kind of inner equilibrium."
The prince—who made headlines in January for punching out a restaurant-and-bar owner—took out a full-page ad in a German newspaper explaining that he did relieve himself but not on Turkish property. Since then he has kept a low profile, skipping a sculpture exhibition in Monaco that Caroline attended with her father, Prince Rainier, who has kept a dignified silence about the scandal. "He is temperamental," says one veteran Monaco watcher of Ernst August, "and he seems to care primarily about enjoying himself."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!