Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Dos and Don'ts of What Thanksgiving Foods are Safe for Your Dog
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- The (Super-Flattering!) It Girl Dress Every Closet Needs
- Prince Harry Reunited with African Orphan Friend at Charity Center Honoring Princess Diana: 'We Shared a Similar Feeling of Loss'
- The 10 Most Outrageous Turkey Questions the Butterball Hotline Has Ever Been Asked
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 17, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 3
The Royal Wee
Princess Caroline's Husband, Ernst August, Makes An Exhibition of Himself
It was also just the start of a new round of troubling publicity for the 46-year-old prince. Hours after his alleged Expo-sure—which Hanover authorities are investigating—a flush-faced Ernst August collapsed at a piano recital and was taken to a hospital. Not long after that, he entered a German health center that offers massage and stress-management treatments. (Neither the prince nor Caroline, 43, who was seen at the center, had any comment.) The prince then phoned Bild from the center and, using vulgar language, harangued a female editor. (That incident is also being investigated.) "He's not a bad person," says a royal watcher who shares friends with Ernst August. But, he adds, "he seems to be lacking some kind of inner equilibrium."
The prince—who made headlines in January for punching out a restaurant-and-bar owner—took out a full-page ad in a German newspaper explaining that he did relieve himself but not on Turkish property. Since then he has kept a low profile, skipping a sculpture exhibition in Monaco that Caroline attended with her father, Prince Rainier, who has kept a dignified silence about the scandal. "He is temperamental," says one veteran Monaco watcher of Ernst August, "and he seems to care primarily about enjoying himself."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!