Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Step Out for a Date Night in N.Y.C.
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Country Singer Cam Marries in Intimate Desert Ceremony: All the Details
- Presenting… Every Single Thing the Kardashians Have Said About Their Nipples
- WATCH: The Bachelor's Chris Harrison on His Love Life: 'I Truly Couldn't Be Happier'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 17, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 3
When Oil Ruins His Tux, No Penguin Need Ask, Waddle I Wear? Linda Parker's Sweaters Look Ideal for Playing Polar
Parker first heard of the penguins' plight from an Australian friend last summer. Since then, she and members of her Mormon church have turned out 200 tiny sweaters, which are slipped on oil-soaked birds while they are waiting to be cleaned. Despite the constant need—the sweaters have to be tossed after they are used—Parker doesn't plan to mechanize her knitting operation. "I'd like to think a penguin would prefer a handmade sweater," she says. "If I were a penguin, I certainly would."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!