Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt Want to Give Daughter Hazel a Sibling: 'We've Got to Give Her Some Competition at Some Point'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Sarah Palin Interviews Donald Trump as They Express Their Admiration for One Another
- Sheriff's Deputy Shot and Killed at Texas Gas Station
- Andy Samberg Predicts Bryan Cranston Will Streak at Emmys in New Promo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 4
On a Roll
Wheel Jockeys from Coast to Coast Make Scooters Summer's Coolest Ride
Call them the wheels of summer 2000. And though scooters come under a variety of names, the aluminum get-arounds—some of which can be folded and stowed in tote bags for extra portability—are quickly becoming the fastest-moving item in shops that sell sporty toys. "We can't keep them in stock," says Alicia McNamara, 46, who sells Razors and Xootrs at the Sharper Image on Chicago's tony Michigan Avenue. "They're constantly selling out."
The genesis of the lightweight postmillennial scooter is still being debated—early models can be traced to Taiwan and Germany—but no one can argue the appeal of low-cost, easy transportation: around $99 for a Razor and up to $600 for a motorized Citybug. "It's good exercise" says Paula Comuntzis, 63, a snack-shop cashier at St. Lawrence University in Canton, N.Y., whose arthritic hips get a break when she spins across campus on her self-propelled scooter. "At first the students thought I was crazy. But now they think I'm cool." That's because her red-wheeled Razor is so hot.
August 29, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!