Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Golden Girls Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Wow In Second Barely-There Balmain Outfits
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Blac Chyna Says She Posted Rob Kardashian's Phone Number on Twitter to Stop Him Texting Other Women
- President Obama Tries the Splits with the Final Five as He Welcomes Team USA to the White House
- Amber Rose Felt 'Body Shamed' By DWTS Judge Julianne Hough: 'My Body Made Her Uncomfortable'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 4
You Can Get Anything You Want at Andrea Halperin's Manhattan Grocery—Except Fat
No more. Last September the former marketing executive opened F3, a 4,300-sq.-ft. grocery store on Manhattan's East Side, a one-stop fat-free emporium where the aisles are filled with guiltless goodies—and lots of excited customers. "Normally when I walk into a supermarket, there's a battle between my id and my superego, with usually the id winning out," says psychiatrist Isaac Herschkopf, 50, who loves the store's healthful cheesecakes and dried fruit. "When I walk into F3, there's no struggle."
Growing up in Great Neck, N.Y., the older child of dermatologist Harvey Moser, 71, and his wife, Harriet, 59, a Ph.D. student, Halperin herself never struggled with weight but takes her customers' battles seriously. Every item she stocks must contain less than half a gram of fat per serving (the FDA requirement for "fat-free" foods)—and pass her personal taste test. "If I don't like it, I don't have it," says Halperin, who lives in Manhattan with her dermatologist husband, Peter, 38. It has been worth the effort for both Halperin—who expects sales of $1.5 million this year—and her customers. "I've gotten hugs from people," she says. "They get the feeling they're in a candyland. They say, 'Thank you so much for this store. This is what I've always wanted.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!