Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- All the Swoon-Worthy GIFs You'll Ever Need from Ryan Reynold's Superbowl Commercial
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Dresses as Robin and Makes Out with a Man in Drag During Harvard's Hasty Pudding Man of the Year Ceremony
- Hungry Girl: The Healthy 8-Layer Dip You Need to Make for Super Bowl Sunday
- Solange Knowles Reportedly Loses Wedding Ring While on Mardi Gras Parade Route
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 4
Tennessean James Ayers Tells Local High Schoolers, 'If a College Will Have You, I'll Help You' with Cash
The results are remarkable: This year 81 seniors out of 125 are heading for higher ed. At first, many students were skeptical. " 'This is crap,' we all thought," says college-bound Whitnee Pearcy, 18. "But it is real. It's just hard to believe he's doing it."
A lumberman's son who shined shoes as a boy and sold bibles before earning an accounting degree at Memphis State University, Ayers is an avid traveler and hunter—his office sports the head of a 600-lb. antelope shot in Zimbabwe. Inspired by a CNN report about a Texan who made a similar gesture, he hopes his largesse enlarges his beneficiaries' worlds. "You enable people to get outside these communities," Ayers says, "and they realize there's a better quality of life to be lived."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!