Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Not Even Chrissy Teigen Could Score This at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton – and Bill – at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Michelle Obama Embraces Her Inner Disco Queen at the WHCD
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 4
A Proud Nation Embraces Jeff Douglas, Thanks to a Rousing Canadian Beer Ad
Joe's fiery patriotism and his subtle needling of the U.S. (he calls Canada "the best part of North America") have captured the hearts of his countrymen. They have also made a star of Jeff Douglas, the formerly little-known actor who portrays him. "I could have been in a major motion picture and not gotten this kind of attention," marvels Douglas, 29, a Nova Scotia native who beat out 95 hopefuls for the 60-second Molson spot. The ad, which airs only in Canada, has boosted Molson the actor gigs at hockey games delivering Joe's rant. When crowds see him they go nuts," says Douglas. "It's like he's one of their own."
Capitalizing on his "Where's the Beef?" moment, the bachelor recently auditioned for the lead in the upcoming Spider-Man movie. "Everything that's happening," he says, "proves that dreams really do come true." Or at least that Canadians are really fond of beer and large, dam-building rodents.
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!