Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Major Kid! DJ Khaled Shows He Can't Wait to Be a Dad at the MTV Video Music Awards
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Rihanna Opens the 2016 MTV VMAs with a Showstopping Medley of Her Biggest Hits
- How Beyoncé Made a Powerful Black Lives Matter Statement on the VMAs Carpet
- From Amped-Up Cat Eyes to Sexy, Wet Hair, Here Are the Hottest VMAs Beauty Trends
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 4
A Proud Nation Embraces Jeff Douglas, Thanks to a Rousing Canadian Beer Ad
Joe's fiery patriotism and his subtle needling of the U.S. (he calls Canada "the best part of North America") have captured the hearts of his countrymen. They have also made a star of Jeff Douglas, the formerly little-known actor who portrays him. "I could have been in a major motion picture and not gotten this kind of attention," marvels Douglas, 29, a Nova Scotia native who beat out 95 hopefuls for the 60-second Molson spot. The ad, which airs only in Canada, has boosted Molson the actor gigs at hockey games delivering Joe's rant. When crowds see him they go nuts," says Douglas. "It's like he's one of their own."
Capitalizing on his "Where's the Beef?" moment, the bachelor recently auditioned for the lead in the upcoming Spider-Man movie. "Everything that's happening," he says, "proves that dreams really do come true." Or at least that Canadians are really fond of beer and large, dam-building rodents.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!