Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out Why Derek Hough Is 'Traumatized' After Watching Little Sis Julianne's Lip Sync Battle
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- Shahs of Sunset's Mike Shouhed Is Married! See What the Bride (and His Castmates!) Wore
- Are You Ready for Jurassic World?
- Amanda Knox's Ex Raffaele Sollecito: 'I Believed in Her Innocence'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 4
Venus Williams Embraces Tennis History with Her Stunning Victories and High Spirits at Wimbledon
To be sure, Williams's historic run at the All England Club was not all strawberries and cream. There was, for starters, the bittersweet experience of beating her younger sister Serena in the semifinals. Not that the Williams sisters are overly sentimental when it comes to facing each other. "In a big tournament both [of us] want to win and want to go all out," says Serena, 18, who won the U.S. Open women's singles title last year. "It may be my sister, but she is the opponent." Fittingly enough, the tournament ended on a note of family harmony as the Williamses captured the ladies' doubles crown July 10, 6-3, 6-2, while their father, Richard, 58, who left London after Venus's singles victory, and their mother, Oracene, 48, rooted for them back home in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. "We worked hard to be the best," says Venus, "because for us, why play if we don't believe we can be the best." After their dazzling performance, that was one point they had certainly aced.
Pete Norman in Wimbledon
March 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!