Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Search Continues for Missing Japanese Boy Abandoned in Mountains by Parents as 'Punishment'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- 4 Tricks to Getting the Prettiest Bare Nails
- The Bachelorette Recap: JoJo Fletcher Gets Her First One-on-One – and We Officially Have This Season's Villain
- Sail Away! Amy Schumer and Kate Hudson Vacation in Hawaii With Goldie Hawn
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 14, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 7
Snoopy Inspector Trent Mayberry Keeps An American Icon Looking His Best Through the Dog Days of Summer
A summer intern with the city of St. Paul, Mayberry, 22, spends his days inspecting the 75 5-ft.-tall fiberglass Snoopy statues that comprise a public art tribute to late Peanuts cartoonist (and native son) Charles M. Schulz. Armed with a clipboard and a keen eye, he looks for loose ears, blistering paint, cracks and vandalism on the statues, which are to be auctioned off in October. "I kid him about being chief dog-sitter," says St. Paul marketing director Megan Ryan. "But he knows his job is important."
With so many pups on his watch, Mayberry—who is raising Catherine, 2, with his wife, Jane, 22—is also grateful for the help he gets from St. Paul Snoopy lovers. Once, a "Snoopy had been tipped over, and both legs were broken," he recalls. "But when I got there, someone had already taped up his legs and put a bandage on his head. It was real nice."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!