Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Old Yeller Actor Kevin Corcoran Dies at 66
- Read the Cover Story: How Blake Shelton Is Moving On After Split
- Prince Harry Gets a Surprise Gift (Hint: Think Rugby)
- Ethan Hawke and Wife To Run the NYC Marathon For the First Time
- Passenger Thanks 'Hero' Co-Pilot Who Safely Landed American Airlines Flight After Pilot's Sudden Death: 'There Was No Panic'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 14, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 7
Polly Want a V-Chip? Flounder Curses Like a Small Feathered Sailor
Flounder's repertoire of vileness, which also includes rude sound effects, got him written up in the local paper, and soon people were calling from all over the world to ask about the foulmouthed parrot. There's just one thing: Flounder isn't a $#@! parrot! He's a member of the family Loriidae, nectar-eating natives of the South China Sea region. "Lories," says Kim Baker, who breeds them in Iron Station, N.C., "are the clowns of birds. They're very uninhibited."
The Humane Society got Flounder last fall after his owner decided he couldn't care for the bird, which he and four friends bought while they were still in college. "They named him for the character in Animal House," says Catherine Page, the Society's development director. "They thought it was cute to teach him to cuss and to make a noise like someone passing gas, but it got old after a while." Now that he's a celebrity of sorts (he even has a line of T-shirts in the works), Flounder does serve a purpose—other than insulting passers by. "He's our poster boy," says Page, "for what you don't want to let a bird do."
October 07, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!