Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Search Continues for Missing Japanese Boy Abandoned in Mountains by Parents as 'Punishment'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- 4 Tricks to Getting the Prettiest Bare Nails
- The Bachelorette Recap: JoJo Fletcher Gets Her First One-on-One – and We Officially Have This Season's Villain
- Sail Away! Amy Schumer and Kate Hudson Vacation in Hawaii With Goldie Hawn
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 21, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 8
A 7-Eleven Worker Is Fired for Foiling An Armed Robber
Almost as upsetting as what happened next. After a two-week review of the incident, 7-Eleven fired Feliciano for violating the company policy against resisting robbery attempts. "We knew this may harm our reputation in some people's eyes, but we're doing this for safety reasons," says 7-Eleven spokeswoman Margaret Chabris, who points out that the company's policy is based on studies' findings that resisting a robbery attempt dramatically increases the chance of bloodshed. She also notes that after the incident Feliciano vowed he would do it all over again, under the same circumstances.
In principle, Feliciano—who has yet to find another job and who has a wife and two young daughters—says he agrees with the policy. But he argues that there are times when employees have the right to make life-and-death decisions for themselves. "How can you punish someone," he asks, "for trying to save their life?"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!