Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Wait Until You Read What Martha Stewart Said to Justin Bieber at His Comedy Central Roast
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- Mother Allegedly Smothers Her Child in NYC Restaurant Bathroom
- Iggy Azalea Talks Britney Spears Duet: Grabbing Lunch, Becoming Friends
- Cate Blanchett on Watching Her Three Sons Bond with Baby Edith: It's Extraordinary
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 25, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 13
Before His Untimely Death, Harry Truman's Grandson William Daniel Lived Quietly and Touched Many Lives
That's how "Will, as everyone called him, wanted it. "He got mad at me when I told my mother," says girlfriend Mimi Gaber, 30. By all accounts, Daniel—an Englewood, N.J., resident who graduated from Yale in 1991 and earned a master's degree from Columbia in 1998—was loved not for his lineage but for his compassion and humor. Most recently, he conducted a research study of mentally ill adults at risk for HIV. "It wasn't just work for him," says Susser. "It was a passion."
Daniel was the second of four sons of President Truman's only child, Margaret, 76, a bestselling mystery novelist (Murder at the Watergate), and Clifton Daniel, an award-winning foreign correspondent and former managing editor of The New York Times, who died last February at 87. Brother Clifton, 43, says the loss of a husband and son within seven months has devastated his mother, but "she has her chin up."
After a memorial service on Sept. 8, some 80 pals sprinkled Daniel's ashes on a pitcher's mound in Central Park. On Sun., Sept. 10, his teammates returned to play ball in his honor. "They came with the most positive spirit they could have," says teammate Terry Gruber, "to show that the game goes on."
March 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!