Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Meryl Streep Talks Acting With Daughter Mamie Gummer in Ricki and the Flash: "She's the Real Deal"
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Watch New Girl Star Jake Johnson Try and Fail at Parkour
- Amy Schumer Tells Jon Stewart About Her 'Heartbreak' Over Trainwreck Shooting
- Brazilian Dog Refuses to Leave Hospital Caring for Ailing Owner, Even After Owner Dies (Video)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 23, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 17
Motoring on Till the End, Benjamin Orr of the Cars Succumbs to Pancreatic Cancer
Sadly, they were right. On Oct. 3 Orr died at home in Atlanta at age 53. Since being diagnosed with the incurable cancer in May, Orr (whose son Ben, 5, lives with his mother in Vermont) kept right on touring the country. "Nothing stopped him," says his fiancée, Julie Snider, 43, an event coordinator in Atlanta. "He just got up there onstage and sang his heart out."
Rock and roll was the only road Cleveland native Benjamin Orzechowski had navigated since the late '60s, when he first teamed with guitarist Ric Ocasek. By 1976 the pair had become the main engines behind the Cars, a new-wave quintet famous for such hits as "Just What I Needed," "My Best Friend's Girl" and "You Might Think," before they disbanded in 1987.
Performing with Big People, which he joined in April 1999, Orr met Snider that September, when she hired the band for a benefit. As he sickened in the course of this year, says guitarist Jeff Carlisi, Snider "felt it was the ultimate gift from God that she was given the chance to take care of him." Says Snider: "Ben was the kindest, greatest, most loving man I ever met. In the span of one year, we lived a lifetime together."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!