Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Kim Richards's Children Reacted After Her Arrest
- Read the Cover Story: Jill and Derick Dillard Share Their Baby Boy's Dramatic Arrival
- Elmo Encourages Kids to Get Vaccinated in Hilarious New Video
- Bull Shark Casually Chills in Florida Resident's Backyard Like It's Not Even a Thing (VIDEO)
- Watch Jamie Foxx Sing Embarrassing Tinder Profiles on Jimmy Kimmel Live
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
Lauren Hutton Survives a Motorcycle Crash in the Desert
Now Hutton, 56, has even more reason to feel vulnerable—and lucky to be alive. Shortly after noon on Oct. 21, the gap-toothed model and actress, riding with a group of around 50 fellow motorcycle enthusiasts including actors Jeremy Irons and Dennis Hopper, lost control of her bike on a curvy stretch of desert highway in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, about 30 miles east of Las Vegas. "The motorcycle apparently left the road ... and appeared to travel several hundred feet before stopping," said Bert Byers of the National Park Service, which is still investigating the accident.
Within 45 minutes Hutton, alert but badly injured, was airlifted to University Medical Center in Las Vegas. Admitted in serious condition, she was treated for multiple fractures to her right leg, a fractured right arm and bruises. Fortunately, the 25-time Vogue cover model had been wearing a helmet and protective leather riding gear. "She's expected to be okay," said hospital spokesman Rick Plummer.
Hutton, who appeared in 1977's Viva Knievel with cycling daredevil Evel Knievel, is also "in good spirits," says her publicist Joe Quenqua, and unlikely to curb what he calls "a very active lifestyle" that also includes scuba diving and even dogsledding.
April 18, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!