Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Naomi Watts Shares Sweet Birthday Message to Eldest Son Alexander
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Montrell Jackson's Family Says Goodbye to Slain Officer: 'Now I Can Brag About You Being an Angel'
- Demi Lovato Is Still 'Enjoying Being Single' After Having a 'Great Time' with Odell Beckham Jr. on Dinner Date
- Shannen Doherty Talks 'Impossibly Tough Day' as She Shares Breast Cancer Update After Shaving Her Head
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
In Sync with His Backstreet Boy Brother, Aaron Carter, 12, Takes Off
Carter has a much easier time recognizing superstars in his immediate family. Well, one, anyway: Big brother Nick Carter, 20, is one of the Backstreet Boys and the inspiration for Aaron to strike out on his own. Following his 1998 self-titled debut album, which was a hit in Europe, Aaron is back with Aaron's Party (Come Get It), a sophomore CD of typically catchy songs about teen angst, girls and mindless fun. "The music I did before was really childish," says Carter. "Now it's more fun party kind of stuff."
The success of the hit single "Aaron's Party" has led to opening-act gigs for Britney Spears's current European tour. Of course, that doesn't mean the young singer thinks the main act is all that. "I'm not into Britney's music, but she's a really nice person," says Aaron, who shares a Marina Del Rey, Calif., condo with his mom and manager, Jane, 41, and sister Leslie, 14 (the rest of the family, including father Bob, 48, a former truck driver, live in their other home in the Florida Keys). Christina Aguilera, on the other hand, "is amazing," he says. "She definitely makes herself look good onstage."
Carter has been perfecting his own moves since age 7, when he began singing in the now-defunct boy band Dead End. "He's very energetic and crazy," says Nick. "That's my little brother." Perhaps, but Aaron remains his own boy. "I am Nick's baby brother," he says. "But I want to be known as my own name."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!