Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Keeping It in the Family! Drew Barrymore Joins Sister-in-Law Jill Kargman on Odd Mom Out
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- WATCH: Kristen Bell Tears Up While Talking About Husband Dax Shepard and Shares Wedding Photos for the First Time
- 2 Killed, 16 Wounded in Mass Shooting Outside Florida Nightclub
- Comic-Con Has Started – and Fans Are Going All Out with Their Costumes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
Linda Cobb, the Self-Styled Queen of Clean, Sweeps into the Big Time with Spotless Timing for a Book on Dirt
Well, maybe not personally. But Cobb's book Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean, which has sold
more than 700,000 copies, has certainly cleaned up with such offbeat tips as using Tang as a toilet bowl cleanser, WD-40 lubricant to remove crayon marks and coffee as a deodorizer. Such wacky ideas, says Phoenix bookstore owner C.J. Snow, get readers' attention. "But," he adds, "she wouldn't sell this many books if it didn't work."
Raised in Michigan, Cobb, 54, started working at a heavy-duty cleaning service after her husband, Bruce Dusette, died of leukemia and she had a stillborn daughter—both in 1980. Remarried to John Cobb, 72, a retired businessman, in 1994, she moved to Phoenix and began publishing a cleaning-tips newsletter. Appearing on local TV's Good Morning Arizona in 1997, Cobb made a splash. "I said, 'I'm the Queen of Clean and we're gonna talk dirty today,' " she recalls. Soon Cobb had a weekly spot.
These days, Cobb—who has a foster son and four stepdaughters—says the best thing about being the Queen is not doing other people's housework. "I'd rather talk about it than do it any day," she admits.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!