Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jaden Smith to Be Honored by Environmental Media Association for His Sustainable Water Bottle Project
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Players and Fans Gather to Say Goodbye to Marlins Ace José Fernández in Moving Memorial Service
- WATCH: TVD's Paul Wesley and his 'Smoldeypants' Pals Ian Somerhalder and Nikki Reed Think You Should #ProbablyVote
- See All the Up-Close Photos of Princess Kate's Lady in Red Moment in Canada
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
Linda Cobb, the Self-Styled Queen of Clean, Sweeps into the Big Time with Spotless Timing for a Book on Dirt
Well, maybe not personally. But Cobb's book Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean, which has sold
more than 700,000 copies, has certainly cleaned up with such offbeat tips as using Tang as a toilet bowl cleanser, WD-40 lubricant to remove crayon marks and coffee as a deodorizer. Such wacky ideas, says Phoenix bookstore owner C.J. Snow, get readers' attention. "But," he adds, "she wouldn't sell this many books if it didn't work."
Raised in Michigan, Cobb, 54, started working at a heavy-duty cleaning service after her husband, Bruce Dusette, died of leukemia and she had a stillborn daughter—both in 1980. Remarried to John Cobb, 72, a retired businessman, in 1994, she moved to Phoenix and began publishing a cleaning-tips newsletter. Appearing on local TV's Good Morning Arizona in 1997, Cobb made a splash. "I said, 'I'm the Queen of Clean and we're gonna talk dirty today,' " she recalls. Soon Cobb had a weekly spot.
These days, Cobb—who has a foster son and four stepdaughters—says the best thing about being the Queen is not doing other people's housework. "I'd rather talk about it than do it any day," she admits.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!