Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
No Holds Barred
Continuing a 56-Year-Old Rivalry, Missouri Twins Run (Amok) for a Coroner's Job
Don steals—and alters—Ron's campaign posters. The two share the same campaign manager, and they are dead serious about the $15,200-a-year part-time office—but little else. "We have sympathy for the families and loved ones," says Don, who, like his brother, was a Navy medic. "We want to be sensitive but have fun with the campaign)."
Why the brothers are running against each other may have more to do with one-upmanship than ideology. Ron was originally appointed by Democratic Gov. Mel Carnahan to fill a vacancy, but is running as a Republican because that's where the votes are in Jasper County. And Don? Well, when he hinted to Ron that he was thinking of running as a Democrat, he says, "Ron laughed and said, 'Go ahead, but you'll lose.' You can't tell a twin brother that."
Born five minutes apart, both married with two daughters, the two have been friendly but fierce rivals all their lives. ("You should be here in the evening for their chess games," says Ron's wife, Connie.) So it's no surprise that the campaign has gone negative. "He says I weigh more," grouses Don, "and he says my hair's a little thin in the back."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!