Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Hudson, Sheila E., Stevie Wonder, Janelle Monáe and More Honor Prince with Stunning BET Awards Tributes
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- FROM EW: All the Winners at the 2016 BET Awards
- Toni Braxton and Rapper Birdman Put Love on Display at the BET Awards
- FROM EW: Game of Thrones' Lena Headey Dishes on Those Finale Twists
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
No Holds Barred
Continuing a 56-Year-Old Rivalry, Missouri Twins Run (Amok) for a Coroner's Job
Don steals—and alters—Ron's campaign posters. The two share the same campaign manager, and they are dead serious about the $15,200-a-year part-time office—but little else. "We have sympathy for the families and loved ones," says Don, who, like his brother, was a Navy medic. "We want to be sensitive but have fun with the campaign)."
Why the brothers are running against each other may have more to do with one-upmanship than ideology. Ron was originally appointed by Democratic Gov. Mel Carnahan to fill a vacancy, but is running as a Republican because that's where the votes are in Jasper County. And Don? Well, when he hinted to Ron that he was thinking of running as a Democrat, he says, "Ron laughed and said, 'Go ahead, but you'll lose.' You can't tell a twin brother that."
Born five minutes apart, both married with two daughters, the two have been friendly but fierce rivals all their lives. ("You should be here in the evening for their chess games," says Ron's wife, Connie.) So it's no surprise that the campaign has gone negative. "He says I weigh more," grouses Don, "and he says my hair's a little thin in the back."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!