Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Are Kendra and Hank Nearing a Breaking Point? 'I'm So Tired of Trying to Fix Him,' She Admits
- Read the Cover Story: The Kennedy Family's Darkest Secret
- VIDEO: Rebecca Romijn on the Bikini That Landed Her the Cover of Sports Illustrated
- VIDEO: Injured Train Hero Spencer Stone Arrives Back in the U.S. as Crowd Cheers
- Jason Sudekis Downs a Nasty Cocktail When He Plays a Drinking Game with Jimmy Fallon
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
Michelle Rodriguez Scores a TKO (Theatrical Knockout) in Girlfight
Luckily, he was able to finish the scene, and that was the only thing that went wrong. The film tied for the top prize at the 2000 Sundance. Film Festival—and has turned Rodriguez, 22, into one of Hollywood's hotter ingenues. The actress, who wants to be an action star, says she's ready for more close-ups. "I'm very driven and grounded," she says. "I'm pretty balanced out."
The daughter of Rafael, an Army man who died in 1997, and Carmen, a homemaker, Rodriguez grew up in Texas, P.R. (her father's homeland) and the Dominican Republic (her mother's native country) before her family settled in Jersey City when she was 12. (Twin brothers Omar and Raul, 30, are a mechanical engineer and a store manager, respectively.) After getting her high school equivalency diploma, Rodriguez took work as an extra in New York City-area films. When she read about an open casting call for Girlfight, she Roller-bladed to the Manhattan audition and beat out 350 others for the role. Though Rodriguez, who spends her spare time painting and play-video games, landed an agent at Sundance and is already on her third movie, she insists she's unchanged. After all, she notes, "I still live in Jersey City with my mother."
September 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!