Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Princess Diana's Hidden Grave to Be Marked Publicly for the First Time
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Adidas and Kanye West Are Launching a New Athleisure Line
- Want to Spot a Celebrity at Dinner? Here’s Where You Should Make a Reservation
- Meet Bebe Rexha, the Writer-Turned-Pop Star Who's Penned Hits for Rihanna and Says Nicki Minaj 'Taught Me to Be a Boss'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
Sharing the Wealth
Charlie Butcher Sells His Floor-Polish Business and Gives His Workers $18 Million
The bonuses, which vary by seniority and position (some got as much as a year's salary), left most workers "just plain incoherent," says McLaughlin, 58. "I almost started crying," says chemical compounder Mark Hamilton, 37, a 16-year Butcher veteran.
"The employees earned those checks," says Butcher, 84, who inherited the business in 1951 and grew it into a company with sales of $75 million last year. Besides, says the former owner, a father of seven children by two marriages who lives in Boulder, Colo., with his wife, Jane, 56, "I have more money than I need. I feel happy to give it away."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!