Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Donald Trump Had a Short Cameo in a 2000 Playboy 'Centerfold' Video
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Paris Jackson Enjoys PDA-Filled Vacation with Boyfriend Michael Snoddy
- Former Power Rangers Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Denies Killing His Roommate with a Sword
- Family Love! Tracee Ellis Ross Shares Cute Snapshot of Mom Diana Ross and Sisters
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
Elizabeth Trindade's Strollercize Program Makes Losing Post-Pregnancy Blahs as Easy as a Walk in the Park
Trindade is the founder of Strollercize, a program that rallies mothers into getting fit using mom-friendly exercises such as stroller lunges and biceps curls using baby-formula cans. The program, which last year grossed $250,000, is expanding to other cities, and a book is due next spring. Among the 4,000 or so converts: Manhattan software salesperson Kristen Brewer, 32, who enrolled in classes last year after the birth of her daughter Claire. "I have much more energy," says Brewer. "Mentally I'm a little more grounded."
Trindade knows how important that can be. A personal trainer, now divorced, she says she was "depressed and lonely" after giving birth to her first child, Tatiana, in 1990. Nightly stroller walks lifted her spirits and helped her lose weight, and in 1995 she began recruiting mothers to Strollercize with her. How does Trindade envision herself when her children are grown? "A hot grandma," she says, "with a whole bunch of grandmas behind me strolling their grandchildren."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!