Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- VIDEO: Watch a Kangaroo Punch a Drone Out of the Sky (Yes, Really)
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Enter to Win Our Exclusive Giveaway and Get Your Best Brows Ever!
- How Did Faye Grant React to Stephen Collins's Interview on 20/20?
- Stacy Keibler: How I've Completely Bounced Back After Baby in 4 Months
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 03:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 06, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 19
Elizabeth Trindade's Strollercize Program Makes Losing Post-Pregnancy Blahs as Easy as a Walk in the Park
Trindade is the founder of Strollercize, a program that rallies mothers into getting fit using mom-friendly exercises such as stroller lunges and biceps curls using baby-formula cans. The program, which last year grossed $250,000, is expanding to other cities, and a book is due next spring. Among the 4,000 or so converts: Manhattan software salesperson Kristen Brewer, 32, who enrolled in classes last year after the birth of her daughter Claire. "I have much more energy," says Brewer. "Mentally I'm a little more grounded."
Trindade knows how important that can be. A personal trainer, now divorced, she says she was "depressed and lonely" after giving birth to her first child, Tatiana, in 1990. Nightly stroller walks lifted her spirits and helped her lose weight, and in 1995 she began recruiting mothers to Strollercize with her. How does Trindade envision herself when her children are grown? "A hot grandma," she says, "with a whole bunch of grandmas behind me strolling their grandchildren."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!