Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 'I'm Not Worried About Him': Malika Haqq Says Rob Kardashian Is 'Going Through His Vibe' and Has the 'Most Support'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Go Inside Rick Ross's Opulent 109-Room Home Including His Over-the-Top Shoe Closet
- Celebrate Zsa Zsa Gabor's 99th Birthday with 9 of Her Most Outrageous Stories
- Score Big Points at Your Super Bowl Party with These Buffalo Chicken Poppers
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 13, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 20
Picks and Pans Review: Down the Road I Go
Having recorded 11 No. 1 singles and sold 17 million albums, Tritt didn't need to wreak any major changes in his gritty, neo-honky-tonk singing style. Yet after taking 18 months off (which included the birth of his and wife Theresa's second child, a son), Tritt emerges sounding strangely like Kenny Rogers, right down to the hokey catch in the voice and the melodramatic story song, in this case an ill-advised tribute to a couple of sadistic thugs, "Modern Day Bonnie and Clyde." Tritt's slightly gravelly voice has always resembled Rogers's, of course. But that hardly obliges him to emulate the schmaltzier, least admirable aspects of the Gambler's style. Happily, Tritt sounds more like himself on the trenchant "Southbound Train" (cowritten by Tritt and Charlie Daniels) and "Just Too Tired to Fight It" (by Tritt and Stewart Harris). Heretofore the least derivative of modern country singers, Tritt doesn't need to evoke any other singer. We liked him just fine the way he was.
Bottom Line: What's next, Travis Tritt Roasted Chicken?
- Steve Dougherty,
- Sona Charaipotra,
- Ralph Novak,
- Chuck Arnold,
- Joseph V. Tirella.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!