Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- John Krasinski and Emily Blunt Want to Give Daughter Hazel a Sibling: 'We've Got to Give Her Some Competition at Some Point'
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Sarah Palin Interviews Donald Trump as They Express Their Admiration for One Another
- Sheriff's Deputy Shot and Killed at Texas Gas Station
- Andy Samberg Predicts Bryan Cranston Will Streak at Emmys in New Promo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 13, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 20
John Mellencamp: Sexiest Grandfather
"I've been a grandfather for so long it's as normal to me as being a man," says Mellencamp, 49. The hard-driving rocker assumed the title at 37 when his then-18-year-old daughter Michelle (from his first marriage to Priscilla Esterline) gave birth to Elexis, now 11—followed by Colin, 6, Hannah, 4, and Grace, 2. "I swear in front of the kids, and playing in a rock band is probably not very grandfatherly," he says.
But while a visit with Mellencamp is no walk in the park, it may be a day in the pool. He had one installed in Michelle's nearby backyard "as a blanket gift" after missing some recent birthdays, he explains. "I'm sure John doesn't fit the bill" of a stereotypical grandfather, says his third wife, model Elaine Irwin, 31, mother of their sons Hud, 6, and Speck, 5. (He also has daughters Teddi Jo, 19, and Justice, 15, from his second marriage to Vicky Granucci.)
Mellencamp doesn't look the part either. A 1994 heart attack forced the 5'7" road rat to curtail touring and smoking and take up running and weight lifting. "I didn't work out at all until I had the heart attack," admits Mellencamp, who has spent most of this year collaborating on a musical with author Stephen King. So has he improved with age? "Anyone can be sexy at 30," says Mellencamp. "But until they turn 40, guys aren't worth a damn anyway."
August 29, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!