Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Duggar Family Shares Rare Photo of Josh and Anna Amid Couple's Anniversary
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- The Average American Woman Is a Size 16 According to a New Study
- Will & Grace Is Back! Get a First Look at the Cast in a Special Reunion
- Cheryl Burke Reveals What She Tells 'Nervous' Ryan Lochte Before Each Dance
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 22
Picks and Pans Review: Inspirational Journey
Few things in this world are less broke than "Amazing Grace." So it's gratifying that the mellow-voiced Travis doesn't try to fix it, singing the great hymn in a quietly moving, no-frills style on the veteran country star's first gospel album.
Produced by Travis's longtime collaborator Kyle Lehning, the CD sticks mostly to reverent inspirational songs, including "Shallow Water," "Baptism," "Feet on the Rock" and "Walk with Me." But Travis also includes "Which Way Will You Choose," a faith-at-the-crossroads song sung to a Charlie Daniels-style fiddle riff, and "Don't Ever Sell Your Saddle," about an old gunslinger's advice to his son. Travis, who cowrote three of these tunes, gets a boost from guest vocalist Jessi Colter on one of them, "The Carpenter."
Bottom Line: Dignified, satisfying venture into gospel
- Ralph Novak,
- Chuck Arnold,
- Amy Linden,
- Joseph V. Tirella.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!