Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- From the PEOPLE Archives: Gene Wilder's Tearful Goodbye to Wife Gilda Radner
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Animal Group Helps Owner Find Missing Greyhound, Then Takes Her Away
- Gene Wilder Dies: Mel Brooks, Josh Gad and More Celebrities Pay Tribute
- WATCH: Kanye West Cries with Wife Kim Kardashian West in His New 'Wolves' Music Video
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 22
Picks and Pans Review: Inspirational Journey
Few things in this world are less broke than "Amazing Grace." So it's gratifying that the mellow-voiced Travis doesn't try to fix it, singing the great hymn in a quietly moving, no-frills style on the veteran country star's first gospel album.
Produced by Travis's longtime collaborator Kyle Lehning, the CD sticks mostly to reverent inspirational songs, including "Shallow Water," "Baptism," "Feet on the Rock" and "Walk with Me." But Travis also includes "Which Way Will You Choose," a faith-at-the-crossroads song sung to a Charlie Daniels-style fiddle riff, and "Don't Ever Sell Your Saddle," about an old gunslinger's advice to his son. Travis, who cowrote three of these tunes, gets a boost from guest vocalist Jessi Colter on one of them, "The Carpenter."
Bottom Line: Dignified, satisfying venture into gospel
- Ralph Novak,
- Chuck Arnold,
- Amy Linden,
- Joseph V. Tirella.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!