Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kanye West's Sweet Anniversary Message to Wife Kim Kardashian: 'The Girl of My Dreams'
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Unusually Buff Kangaroo Intimidates Australian Neighborhood (Video)
- Rachel McAdams Tears Up as She Plays Bridesmaid for Sister Kayleen
- The Bachelorette Recap: Kupah Doesn't Understand Boundaries and Ben Z. Sends Jared to the Hospital
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 22
Picks and Pans Review: Inspirational Journey
Few things in this world are less broke than "Amazing Grace." So it's gratifying that the mellow-voiced Travis doesn't try to fix it, singing the great hymn in a quietly moving, no-frills style on the veteran country star's first gospel album.
Produced by Travis's longtime collaborator Kyle Lehning, the CD sticks mostly to reverent inspirational songs, including "Shallow Water," "Baptism," "Feet on the Rock" and "Walk with Me." But Travis also includes "Which Way Will You Choose," a faith-at-the-crossroads song sung to a Charlie Daniels-style fiddle riff, and "Don't Ever Sell Your Saddle," about an old gunslinger's advice to his son. Travis, who cowrote three of these tunes, gets a boost from guest vocalist Jessi Colter on one of them, "The Carpenter."
Bottom Line: Dignified, satisfying venture into gospel
- Ralph Novak,
- Chuck Arnold,
- Amy Linden,
- Joseph V. Tirella.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!