Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Monaco's Princess Charlene: 'Crazy in Love' With Newborn Twins
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Why Bruno Mars Rocked Gold Curlers on The Voice
- Constance Zimmer: My Husband Handles 'All the Cooking and Cleaning'
- He Cried Him A River! See Why Justin Timberlake Gets Weepy Over Fan's Gift
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Wednesday December 17, 2014 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 22
Picks and Pans Review: Inspirational Journey
Few things in this world are less broke than "Amazing Grace." So it's gratifying that the mellow-voiced Travis doesn't try to fix it, singing the great hymn in a quietly moving, no-frills style on the veteran country star's first gospel album.
Produced by Travis's longtime collaborator Kyle Lehning, the CD sticks mostly to reverent inspirational songs, including "Shallow Water," "Baptism," "Feet on the Rock" and "Walk with Me." But Travis also includes "Which Way Will You Choose," a faith-at-the-crossroads song sung to a Charlie Daniels-style fiddle riff, and "Don't Ever Sell Your Saddle," about an old gunslinger's advice to his son. Travis, who cowrote three of these tunes, gets a boost from guest vocalist Jessi Colter on one of them, "The Carpenter."
Bottom Line: Dignified, satisfying venture into gospel
- Ralph Novak,
- Chuck Arnold,
- Amy Linden,
- Joseph V. Tirella.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!