Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lena Dunham Reverse-Body Shames Donald Trump at Democratic Convention: 'According to Him, My Body Is Probably, Like, a 2'
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- WATCH: Gold Medalist Kami Craig Told Her Mom She Was Going to the Olympics (When She Was 5 Years Old!)
- Tennis Star Chris Evert Blames Menopause for Her Divorce from Olympian Andy Mill
- Leonardo DiCaprio and New Flame Nina Agdal Party with Tobey Maguire on a Yacht in Ibiza
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 22
Prescription for Trouble
Fearing Addiction to Pain Medication, Melanie Griffith Checks into Rehab
Griffith, 43, was careful, but her reliance on prescription medication apparently was heading out of control. So, on Nov. 9, on the advice of her doctor, the self-described "addictive personality" checked herself into the Daniel Freeman Hospital in Marina Del Rey, Calif., in order to "step down"—as she called it—from her growing dependence on prescription drugs. It's the third time Griffith has faced substance problems. Her previous struggles, though—the most recent in the early '90s—were alcohol and cocaine related.
Griffith, a mother of three (Alexander, 15, with ex-husband Steven Bauer; Dakota, 11, with ex Don Johnson; and Stella, 4, with husband Antonio Banderas, 40), "nipped this in the bud immediately," says Winsor. And the actress—who this spring revealed her thus-far-unsuccessful fertility treatments—now plans to share her recovery effort online. "We're going to make sure we educate people," says Liz Edlic, Griffith's partner at OneWorldLive.com, a Web site where Griffith hopes to chronicle her recovery. As for any echoes of Griffith's fast-living youth, Edlic says, "That's her past. She has an abundant and wonderful life."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!