Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Why Bruce Jenner Prefers to Go by Male Pronouns – for the Time Being
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Shane West: 'Angelina Jolie Can Put a Spell on Me Anytime'
- Prince William Takes a Break from the Royal Baby Watch to Attend a Solemn Ceremony with the Queen
- What Recently Got Bloodline Star Kyle Chandler to Bust a Move?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 22
Prescription for Trouble
Fearing Addiction to Pain Medication, Melanie Griffith Checks into Rehab
Griffith, 43, was careful, but her reliance on prescription medication apparently was heading out of control. So, on Nov. 9, on the advice of her doctor, the self-described "addictive personality" checked herself into the Daniel Freeman Hospital in Marina Del Rey, Calif., in order to "step down"—as she called it—from her growing dependence on prescription drugs. It's the third time Griffith has faced substance problems. Her previous struggles, though—the most recent in the early '90s—were alcohol and cocaine related.
Griffith, a mother of three (Alexander, 15, with ex-husband Steven Bauer; Dakota, 11, with ex Don Johnson; and Stella, 4, with husband Antonio Banderas, 40), "nipped this in the bud immediately," says Winsor. And the actress—who this spring revealed her thus-far-unsuccessful fertility treatments—now plans to share her recovery effort online. "We're going to make sure we educate people," says Liz Edlic, Griffith's partner at OneWorldLive.com, a Web site where Griffith hopes to chronicle her recovery. As for any echoes of Griffith's fast-living youth, Edlic says, "That's her past. She has an abundant and wonderful life."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!