Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Anthony Anderson Addresses Oscars Controversy at NAACP Image Awards: 'This Is What Diversity Is Supposed to Look Like'
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- NAACP Image Awards 2016: Kerry Washington, Jada Pinkett Smith, Laverne Cox Make Best Dressed List
- Carolina Panthers' Kurt Coleman Opens Up About the Unique Bond He Shares With the College Teammate He Paralyzed
- Survivor Alum Michael Skupin Charged with Child Pornography and Racketeering
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 27, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 22
Xerox Exec Sabra Wood Collects Freebie Toiletries from Frequent Travelers and Passes Them on to the Needy
The idea was born in 1990, when Wood heard that rock bands were giving away toiletries picked up on tours. "I thought, 'I don't know rock bands, but I know lots of suits who travel,' " she recalls. So Wood, who has an M.B.A. from the University of Michigan, prevailed upon a few of her fellow Xerox executives to donate their travel loot. A decade and 13 tons of toiletries later, her collection buckets blanket not only Xerox headquarters but area libraries and beauty salons. Even the hotel chains whose toiletries Wood collects have been agreeable. "We contacted a few and the answer was clear: 'You rent the room, you buy the toiletries,' " she says.
And to the women of Sojourner House, one of 50 Rochester charities Wood supplies, the items are a godsend. "The women come in with just the clothes on their backs," says shelter president Germaine Knapp. "This adds to increasing their self-esteem." Wood recalls receiving a note that told just how much: "It said, 'Thank you for the perfume. My husband says I'm beautiful.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!