Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See Jimmy Fallon Reveal Ryan Reynolds as PEOPLE's Sexiest Dad Alive!
- Read the Cover Story: Amy Duggar King: I'm Doing It My Way
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hit the Zoolander 2 NYC Premiere In Style – Plus, Find Out Their Valentine's Day Plans!
- Jacob Tremblay Is This Awards Season's Adorable Little MVP – and His Cute Instagrams Offer All the Proof
- Will Smith Jokes About His Hands-Off Parenting of Jaden and Willow: 'We May Have Gone Too Far'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 04, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 24
Fearing Extradition, Killer Kenneth Kimes Confesses to Irene Silverman's Murder
Just one month earlier Kenneth had made headlines when he held Court TV producer Maria Zone hostage for four hours after putting a pen to her throat during an interview at the Clinton Correctional Facility in Upstate New York. Sante, meanwhile, was transferred to solitary confinement at the women's prison at Bedford Hills, N.Y., after guards found a makeshift weapon fashioned from a pen in her cell in October.
Why did Kimes confess? Law enforcement sources say he and his mother fear their pending extradition to California, where they will stand trial for the 1998 murder of businessman David Kazdin and could face the death penalty. According to an NYPD detective, Los Angeles investigators offered Kenneth a deal: "The police said, 'Help us find the woman and we'll help you with a deal in California.' "
Another explanation for the recent turbulence in Kenneth's life may be simply that he is suffering from emotional isolation. According to his attorney, Mel Sachs, Kenneth, separated from Sante while both serve sentences in excess of 100 years, misses his mother terribly. "This is painful for him," says Sachs without irony. "Kenny is in a desperate situation."
February 09, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!