Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Kendra Wilkinson Faces a Sudden Tragedy That Puts an End to Her Bitter, Two-Year Feud with Brother Colin
- Read the Cover Story: Prince, 1958-2016
- Missouri Man Charged After Estranged Wife's Remains Found 10 Months After Her Disappearance
- Family Feud! Dr. Oz and Daphne Oz Sound Off on Being Emmy Rivals and Why 'Outworking Everyone Else Is the Most Important Thing'
- Brady Quinn Wants You to Roll Over Pet Hunger
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 04, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 24
Right at Home
Rory, the New Culkin on the Block, Stands Alone in You Can Count on Me
He's still generous to his brother's fans, but these days the younger Culkin is very much his own man. In the new drama You Can Count on Me, Culkin, 11, a Manhattan sixth grader, plays the vulnerable 8-year-old son of a small-town single mother (Laura Linney). Variety lauded his performance as "flawless." Costar Matthew Broderick agrees. "He was just wonderful," he says. "He seemed perfectly comfortable in his own skin."
Well, he does have the Culkin genes. Of his six older siblings, Macaulay, 20, Kieran, 18, and Christian, 13, are working actors, while Shane, 24, and sister Quinn, 16, are studying the craft. (Dakota, 22, also gave it a shot but not for long.) "Ever since he was very little, he has been around it," says his mother, Patricia Brentrup, 46, who split bitterly from the children's father, Christopher "Kit" Culkin, 55, in 1995.
There's no doubting Macaulay's influence. Rory scored bit parts in three of his films—1993's The Good Son and '94's Richie Rich and Getting Even with Dad—before winning his role in Count on Me. Thanks to Mac's public travails, including a recent separation from actress Rachel Miner, 20, Rory, who says he likes "to draw dungeons, dragons, moats" in his spare time, is well aware of the downside of fame. Still, he is undeterred. "It'd be cool to be like Mac," he says. "He has a good house. He writes sometimes. It just looks like a good life."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!