Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Casey Kasem's Children Sue His Widow for Wrongful Death
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Coco Austin Explains Her Small Baby Bump: People Have Been 'Picking Me Apart'
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Step Out for Lunch in Calabasas Ahead of Thanksgiving
- Chris Rock's Estranged Wife Malaak Speaks Out About Clash Over Child She Says They Raised as Their Own
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 04, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 24
Thanks to Mikki Viereck's 'A Song for My Son,' Wedding Singers Can't Tune Out the Groom's Mother
So, that night in 1991, at her Springfield, Mass., kitchen table, Viereck wrote the lyrics to "A Song for My Son." With music by local musicians Steve Moser, 42, and Bob Casinghino, 48, it was ready for the wedding. And thanks to word-of-mouth from moms whose sons have taken the plunge, Viereck has sold about 175,000 CDs and tapes. In fact, "A Song for My Son" ("I don't know where/ The time has gone/ Since those little-boy days/ Doesn't seem so long") seems well on its way to joining "Wind Beneath My Wings" as a wedding-day classic. "It was very important for me," says Sharon Hutchings of Madison, Wis., whose son Rob, 25, was married in July. "It's hard for mothers to give up their sons."
Viereck's own boys, Lino, 28, and Zach, 23, with husband Bob, 52, a welder, are both single. She sells her music via an 800 number and in some local bridal and music stores. "It's real important," she says, "for moms to have three minutes with their sons on their wedding day to give them a hug and say, 'I love you.' That's all they ever wanted."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!