Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cincinnati Police Investigating Family of Boy Who Fell Into Gorilla Enclosure
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twin Daughters Gracie Jane and Alice Rose
- Kristen Bell Opens Up About Her Struggles with Depression: 'I Felt Worthless'
- 10 Collar Necklaces Your Favorite LBD Needs Right Now
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 04, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 24
Decked Out in His Elegant Duds, Celebs Honor His 40 Fashionable Years
He was also clearly delighted to see his creations so fabulously displayed. Hosted by Steven Spielberg, Kate Capshaw, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, the gala included a silent auction of photos of celebs outfitted in the 68-year-old designer's trademark red dresses, along with a fashion show featuring Naomi Campbell and Eva Herzigova wearing his latest line. The guest of honor looked "so proud watching the girls walk the catwalk," noted Elizabeth Hurley, who was clad in a champagne satin and chiffon gown.
Another reason for pride: The fete raised some $250,000 for the Children's Action Network, an organization devoted to various young people's causes. Hanks, who anted up $2,000 for a photo of wife Wilson, seemed as happy spending cash as playing host. "It's no work at all to come to a party and help children," he said. Well, almost none. Pointing to his refined Valentino suit, Hanks admitted with a laugh, "The French cuffs slowed me down a little."
Robyn Flans in Los Angeles
- Robyn Flans.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!