Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Britney Spears and James Corden Sing 'Toxic' in New Carpool Karaoke Teaser
- Read the Cover Story: The Final Five: Their Amazing Journey!
- Alabama Recall Their Early Days Bonding Over Baseball, Cheap Guitars and a Scuffy Pair of Sneakers
- EpiPen Maker Under Fire After Hiking Price of Live-Saving Injector to $500
- Married at First Sight's Lillian Vilchez on Why She Cried After Sex: 'I Had a Freak-Out Moment'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 11, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 25
Picks and Pans Review: The Stalking of Laurie Show
This two-hour movie, based on an actual criminal case, is an unusually grim story of adolescent murder—In Cold Blood by way of Dawson's Creek. Pretty, unknowing Laurie, recently transplanted with her divorced mother from the city to rural Pennsylvania, attracts the attentions of a trashy local boy (Rel Hunt, who looks like a more willowy John Mellencamp). His mentally unstable girlfriend (Marnette Patterson) gets it into her peroxided head that Laurie did the seducing and begins stalking her. The whole thing is badly acted—Patterson is about five rungs over the top—but feckless Laurie, almost resigned to the fact that she'll be killed, is a hauntingly sad figure.
Bottom Line: Show-downer
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!